Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2010

SNOW!!!

Snow! I have made it into work today and am hoping to make it back too! At least I can watch the fluffy white snow from a lovely warm office. It is coming up to the end of term and I am hoping none of my classes are cancelled as I have coursework deadlines and lots of work to do.


Last week I worked at the Design Your Future event, it was great to see all these creative people deciding what to do with themselves. It was interesting for me to see other examples of Animation undergraduates on the university stands also. I am jealous of the students at Lincoln who get to visit Pixar during their degree – how cool is that! Obviously my degree is good too but I would like a field trip.

I saw two films over the weekend; I went to a preview of Megamind on Saturday and to see Due Date on Sunday. Megamind is funny and comfortable to watch with good jokes expected of the genre. According to my more knowledgeable friend there are some amusing comic book references the most obvious being when Megamind pretends to be Titan’s “Space Dad” – you’ll have to see the movie to understand that sentence.

If you liked The Hangover, you’ll like Due Date. There may be a small dog rather than a baby, but there is still Zach Galifianakis (yes I went on Google to find out how spell that) and Robert Downey Junior is very funny. So if you like this kind of movie do see it, it’s a little bit surprising with moments where you cringe just knowing something of going to go wrong but it has heart warming moments too.

The countdown to Christmas continues as it is now less than a month, so start ordering the presents it is December in a couple of days! The downside to Christmas is the pure expense, buying presents and going out with friends. On a student budget you have to try and think smart (which I am still attempting to do). So watch your bank balances but also try and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment