Pages

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Oh Well, Keep Going...

38 days until Christmas as I am writing this! I started buying my Christmas Presents this week; I can’t believe December is almost upon us. I know I always proclaim about how time flies but it really is going too fast for me at the moment. I am even sitting at work thinking I would like the day to slow down as I have things to do!

I am going to be in a film. No, it’s not that exciting; it is just a piece of coursework for some cinematography colleagues and not my first time in front of the camera for the same reason. I don’t mind it but it is a bit embarrassing knowing that my lecturers will be watching me in a video to mark it. Hopefully it won’t get outside the university, although of course despite my acting the cinematography will be very apt. I am actually quite excited about my own shoot on Monday as I really like the script we are working with.

As the hype about how terrible the economy has seemed to be dying down, I wondered if maybe young people could start being optimistic about the future again. But sadly my hopes have been crushed as I have had people close to me start taking pay cuts and losing positions. It makes me worry about what my opportunities will be when I leave university. It is all very well to be optimistic in the middle of my degree still seeing that I have more to learn and time to plan what to do, but one wonders if all the planning and effort in the world will come off. However, I feel I have no option but to just try and wish everyone the best!

1 comment: