Pages

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Review the Week

Well it seems like life is back to normal after everywhere being a winter wonderland. Luckily (some may not have felt so lucky) none of my classes were cancelled due to the bad weather. I am looking forward to the end of term now; there are so many things to do by that time. I have three major coursework deadlines and of course the general myriad of Christmas related events. Considering this the organisation of my Christmas shopping has deteriorated, not that it was that great to start with.

I had an impromptu outing to the O2 last week to see 30 Seconds to Mars; I had to fill in for someone else on the day. The support act was called Enter Shikari, I will honestly say I had never heard of them, and I don’t think that was a bad thing. Listening to them was positively painful, sorry if you are a fan. I liked 30 Seconds to Mars, who I only really knew for hits like “The Kill” and “Kings and Queens”. However my boyfriend, far more accustomed to live gigs and knowing all the songs said that the show did not live up to expectations with too much letting the audience sing (what did we pay you for?), to many long gaps between songs and rather a lot of swearing.

A more planned outing was going to see Frankie Boyle on Saturday. Why I ended up going, I’m not sure because when I was asked it started off with ‘Do you like Frankie Boyle?’ and my response was ‘No’. I can’t say the show changed my mind. In an hour and a quarter I probably laughed about three times (and I was not proud of it). The support act I enjoyed far more, his name was Craig Cambell. He is a hairy Canadian who has been in residence in the UK for twelve years. I had seen him before on one of the Stand Up shows, I think it was the Edinburgh Comedy Festival coverage, but I can’t be sure.

Good luck with keeping up with Christmas, I know I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment