Pages

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Babies are Weird

I said that time was flying last week and I still feel the same, it’s week eight of a thirteen week term! I am knuckling down to more coursework December and January are the big deadline times. I remember last year having three pieces of coursework all due in same week ending in my twenty first birthday. That was a hectic one with only two in four nights sleep if I remember rightly. You of course should not leave it that late to be rushing things off, and I have learnt now that I never want to go through that again!

This weekend I went to two fireworks parties, I do like fireworks. A lot of the conversation though was all about babies, there was one in the room as well. I felt a little out place as I have to say I think new babies are a bit strange, and there is always that nightmare of alien with it bursting out of the woman’s stomach. Perhaps I am just not yet maternally in tune being twenty one but some of these women were only five years older than me. Will I one day be cooing over a wrinkly pink really tiny person? Knowing how these things come back to get you later – probably.

How soon should Christmas come? It’s November now but there are a few places that have had their decorations up for a while now. When I grew up my mum forbid me from talking about Christmas until December, probably because she did not want to think about how many presents she still had to buy. I am one of the awful unorganised who quickly try and get something before I see each person; it always seems to be a last minute rush! All the same I love the shiny decorations and a reason to catch up with everybody even if the presents are a pain. But my favourite thing has to be the lights and windows in central London.

No comments:

Post a Comment