Pages

Friday 27 August 2010

Off to Scotland

I have been thinking a lot about graduate jobs and possibilities for the future this week. It can be a bit scary when you hear all the stories about graduates working in MacDonald’s or just not at all. As I vegetarian I don’t think I would be very good at that. I do realise that sometimes people have to take up jobs they don’t really want to do whilst building on things for their future career, however.
All this thinking has been brought on by having to choose an option this year. I had to choose between cinematography, web technologies or computers and music. I chose cinematography on the basis that it would help me with another module I was doing and in the case that I want to focus more on the production side of my degree in the future. Because who knows what the future will hold, eh? I’m still not completely sure what I want to do as my degree can branch off into a few different types of things. Oh well.

So I have been looking up the sort of jobs I could apply for when I graduate which may seem a little pre-emptive to you, but I see it as there is only a year and a half before I would have to apply to satisfy their requirements!

Enough with all the panicking, its bank holiday weekend soon! I’m going to Aberdeen tomorrow; think it may have been crazy to book a 6AM train! I will have to be up at about four, in fact I wonder if there is any point in sleeping at all when I could watch movies I can always nap on the train. I have to change at Edinburgh Waverley, I have been to Aberdeen a few times now but I would love to do more than pass through Edinburgh one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment