Pages

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Crazy Busy Time

This is the time of year when working for clearing is high pressure. All the scary news in the press doesn’t help prospective students who are already upset about their grades and worried already. All we can do is try our best to help them out whether they were just over optimistic and need somewhere that does the same thing at lower entry requirements or whether they need to do an extra year with us to get where they want to go. How amusing ‘us’, sometimes I think I spend too much time at Greenwich university, but I am looking forward to classes starting again.

Most of life this week has been eat, sleep, work this week but I am looking forward to this weekend when I am spending the bank holiday in Aberdeen. I usually visit Aberdeen now and again to see my aunt and uncle who moved up there several years ago. It was however a good lesson in forward planning to try and sort out the travel, as in, I should have done it earlier. I could not get a sleeper train for less than £157 even with a 16-25 railcard because all the seats were sold out and a coach return got me back too late for work. Finally Virgin trains saved me with a return that cost me half the sleepers. So book transport early, it’s not too late for you.

One of the good parts of clearing is that we get a new intake of people working in the office. I am lucky to have a work place where people are generally really nice and the new lot are no exception. Am very pleased to have been able to get to know the rest of my team, it is great to have some more people to say hello to on campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment