Pages

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Aberdeen

I had a lovely time in Scotland, I really like Aberdeen. It’s probably because I think it's matching grey granite facade is aesthetically pleasing rather than grey and dull. They also have some lovely new shops opened including the shopping centre Union Square, with stores to rival Oxford Street. More importantly than nice shopping it was lovely to see my Aunt and Uncle, and it was just nice to have a break from the stresses of everyday life.

I had a dose of the countryside also on my mini-break. I took a nice walk with my Aunty to the nearest village and we enjoyed the nicest pasta dish I have ever had. I tried to recreate it last night but I think it still needs work. We also enjoyed a meal at an Indian restaurant in Aberdeen which is very nice and at John Lewis, potato wedges and tomato soup:).

I also had a weekend filled with good movies as we watched my DVD of The tale of Desperaux which I hadn’t yet watched (I saw it in the cinema when it originally came out). We also went to see Shrek Forever After in 3D at the Cineworld in Union Square. We were the only people in the cinema but we still sat in our assigned seats, so well behaved. The film was very enjoyable if you like Shrek and you aren’t bored of it yet, although it was good I don’t think it lived up to the first or second ones, but I did prefer it to the third.

On the downside some teenagers on the bus from inverurie off to start college ruined the final of Young Dumb and living off Mum for me. Well, perhaps they saved me an hour of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment