Pages

Monday 9 August 2010

Please do not close Greenwich Food Market!

I can hardly believe it is my third blog already, I guess time flies when you’re having fun!

Having said that, I am having fun! I am also feeling quite sorry for myself. I have an awful cold and right in the middle of summer. I just hope nobody around me catches it or I will feel terribly guilty. I am looking forward to a weekend of catching up with old friends along with a good dose of rest and relaxation likely to involve watching The Vicar of Dibley and Gilmore Girls with a hot toddy or two.

I’ve already had a pensive moment about accommodation and one about employment; this week I am in the mood to moan about money. Money is something you have to be very careful with while you’re at uni but you also have to want to be young and carefree. It really is important to know what goes in and what comes out. I hate that time just before you get paid or just before the next loan payment when you have to worry because you haven’t been careful enough and it stops you doing things you want to do.

As Bryony omitted her restaurant review from her blog this week, i will endeavour to make up for it with one of my own. I am a big fan of the Greenwich food market. My favourite stall of all is the vegetarian Ethiopian food stall. Their African curries are nutritious and delicious; if you are a veggie, you can’t fail to adore this box of joy for just £4. There are many other types of food available too, today I tucked into a Thai Yellow curry, which had very succulent sweet potato, which was brilliant because I can’t stand anything undercooked. Bryony, I know, is particularly fond of the Japanese food. All this food is delicious, freshly prepared, reasonably priced, quick and easy.

Now for the downside: the Greenwich Hospital Trust plan to close the food section of the market! You can fight against the closure by signing the online petition, joining the facebook group or signing one of the petitions held by the stall holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment