Pages

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Have a Merry Christmas: Watch Some Comedy

Term has ended; the big coursework rush is over now it’s onto finishing off the shopping and wrapping lots of presents. In the midst of all this I went up to Derbyshire over the weekend, it was a bit of a weekend for comedy DVDs as I managed to fit in Tim Minchin - Ready For This?, Ricky Gervais - Science and Mock the Week - Too Hot for TV. This was not all I did over the weekend I went to Long Eaton for the first time and had a lovely Indian in Castle Donington. Nevertheless here goes with the comedy DVD reviews.

I liked the Tim Minchin DVD, but if you don’t like musical comedy you may find it annoying. And if you have any Christian or ‘hippy’ beliefs you may feel picked on. I particularly enjoyed songs like ‘If I didn’t have you’ and ‘bears don’t dance’. So this is worth a watch, and if you’re a funny song loving atheist you’ll love it.

Ricky Gervais Science is another one that picks on Christianity, so avoid if easily offended. However having not thought a great deal of Ricky Gervais apart from quite liking a couple of episodes of ‘Extras’ I was pleasantly surprised that I did find it quite amusing. The third mock the week DVD is great if you like Mock the Week, it’s basically just the bits they couldn’t broadcast. It’s good to watch because it’s more natural banter than it is on television.

I went to lunch with a friend today who I haven’t seen for a while and that is what I love about Christmas Holidays. I look forward to seeing more friends and family in the coming days. I would be looking even more forward to it if I had bought and wrapped them all gifts however the Christmas shopping continues. I particularly hope my aunty and uncle make it down from Scotland through the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment