Pages

Monday 18 October 2010

Eventful Me

Everything has been go go go recently, since the last time I blogged I have been to the Victoria and Albert Museum, seen Avenue Q, attended Canterbury Anifest, visited Tate Modern, taken a class of sixth formers, had my first experience of TGI Friday’s, seen Despicable Me, Done an Open Day, gone out dressed as a pirate, bowled very poorly and then done kareoke very poorly as well. After all that, whilst also attending university, it is time to start another week.

Canterbury Animation Festival was a good experience. There was a fun behind the scenes look at Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit, a screening of The Gruffalo, a session with the children of Oliver Postage and Peter Firmin (the people behind The Clangers and Bagpuss among other things...) and of course the competition screening. There were some really good films from aspiring animators in both 2D and 3D. I have to say however, that amusement won out for me and my favourite was called Polished Off.

On Tuesday I overcame a couple of nerves, I was a little bit worried about doing a personal statement workshop with some sixth formers. On the day one of the ambassadors from another university didnt turn up so I had to take their talk also before mine. However, I’m not complaining, the sessions went really well and I think its an example of how working whilst studying can be beneficial for your skills and confidence.

I have been waiting for a long time, as I know a few others have been for the release of Despicable Me. It can be worrying when you have high expectations for a film, it’s dissapointing if they dont meet them. However, that was not a problem in this case as this film absolutely met them. I thought it was fantastic, beautifully done and really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment