Pages

Friday 8 October 2010

Work Begins

This week has been a busy one but it feels like the exciting stuff is still to come so I won’t be able to tell you about it until next week. Friday evening I am going to see Avenue Q with friends, to catch it before it ends. This Saturday I am going to Canterbury for the Canterbury Anifest (short for Animation Festival).

I am looking forward to the festival very much; there are three sessions before the showing of the submitted films and awards ceremony. There is a behind the scenes look at Wallace and Gromit, a showing of the Gruffalo and also a session called Children of Small Films. This is where Oliver Postgate (Clangers, if you didn’t know) and Peter Firmin’s children come and talk about their work.

However as I have been pretty much at university, then work all week, apart from Thursday when classes were cancelled because of a power outage in the building, Sunday will be a day of homework and catch up. I don’t want to get behind in this second year; we already have a lot to get a grip of. Once I get into the work I will enjoy it, but there’s always that problem of getting started!

I had a nice déjà vu moment this week when I realised I was doing a repeat event as a student ambassador. My first event last year was a HE fair at Lambeth College and I found myself back there again this year. I look forward to many more.

On a last happy note, I finally received my student finance for this term! Drinks will be on me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment