Pages

Friday 17 September 2010

Pay Phones, Old Friends and Food

I have spent all of this week at work but I have also found time to get out and about. We have moved offices back from the Greenwich campus to Avery Hill. It means getting up earlier but it also means that we have windows and a change of scenery and that is not to be looked down upon.

On Monday night Bryony and I went to meet our friend and his new girlfriend at London Bridge Station. Unfortunately the Northern Line was delayed so we spent the best part of an hour standing in London Bridge Mainline Station. We stood by the pay phones to keep out of the way of the commuters that were rushing past.

For some reason I had never thought that people would ring payphones, but I suppose it has a number just like any other phone, so as we stood there the phone next to me started to ring. Immediately you think of spy movies or more recently Sherlock Holmes on the BBC. So for the hell of it I picked it up, and bizarrely enough spent a good five minutes talking to someone who knew nothing about me apart from that I was the kind of person who would answer a public. I am not necessarily promoting this practise, and certainly don’t disclose personal details to strangers. However, it brightened up a dull hour waiting for some friends.

Last night I went out to bar Fifty Five in Camden, whose two for one cocktail happy hour is quite deadly. It was very good to see two old friends that I had not caught up with in a few months. I also had my first experience of Wagamamas that night. But I have to admit it was not necessarily a good one, but this is in consideration of the fact that I don’t like Chinese or Japanese food at all. I am on the side of Indian when it comes to takeaway through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment