Pages

Friday 23 July 2010

Working for Uni

This week I have hit the ground running back from a holiday in Spain. I love work so much I was there just ten hours after landing. Check out Bryony’s blog for some pictures of some very cute monkeys! I’m not very much of a sun seeker though, so I was quite relieved at the cooler weather when I got back to Blighty. A bit of rain is also good for my vegetable box on my balcony; I am growing Spinach, Basil and Sweet peppers. I can’t wait to put an ingredient in a dinner I grew myself, I think I won’t expand past my balcony though, I hate spiders!

I had an “I love my job” moment before I went on holiday. I worked at the Hop Farm Festival, it is a good day when you get paid to represent the university during the day and we got to roam the festival at night. I saw Blondie, Van Morrison, Ray Davies and Bob Dylan all live on stage. I also enjoyed the comedy tent where I saw some very funny (and some less funny) comedy acts, the only one you might have heard of is Lee Nelson of BBC3’s “Lee Nelson’s Well Good Show”.

At the moment I am facing the eternal student question of accommodation. Should I stay or should I go? I’ve been living in a lovely flat for a year with my flatmate but it does have shower issues despite its other good features. Now we want to cheapen up our bills and expand our brood, but will where we go be better or worse? Or maybe we should apply to go back into halls, or just revert back home and face the horror of public transport to reach our lectures. It is something most people have to worry about when they are at uni and it is never perfect. My best advice would to try to be chilled and easy going but on top of the paperwork (now I just have to remember that).

My little achievement of this week has been dipping my toes in a little dressmaking. It’s something I don’t do too often in case of stress overload. But this weekend I sporadically purchased some material from Chelmsford Market and made myself a skirt. I do like it when you can actually see what you did with your time as it so often seems to disappear. Whilst I stitched I watched my Adventureland DVD for about the third time, I do like that movie. Overall a relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment